Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Peeves

“Great” guys come with annoying habits. I can’t help that I get turned off by the littlest things. Sue me if you can, HA!

When dating, one can’t avoid certain people until after you met them. We’ve all met the assholes, the douches and the players. The “magicians” and the stalkers. The aspiring actors and musicians… You name it we’ve met them. Now this post is not to be focused on the negative traits of a man, but how a “positive” can be viewed as a “negative.” Here are three examples:

Subject No. 1 – The “LOL” guy
I guess he liked to laugh out loud a lot? He was nice. Attentive. Talkative. A lil short for my taste (5’7”), but overall, a good guy. He lived with his mom (which is a no-no for me), yet, I was willing to overlook that “flaw” and try it out. Then I come to learn he’s a serial texter. 24/7 texting left and right, and with every text he sent, there was always that “LOL” right at the end. Was he really laughing when he told me he went to get a haircut? Or when he said he likes to drink coffee? Or when he said he wanted to see me again? *sigh* You get the drift.

Subject No. 2 – The “You’re great” guy
Too much of a good thing can be a bad thing. This one was a nice guy too. From out of state which made him appealing to my eyes. A lil too eager to please me though… to the point of doing things he was obviously not into just to make me “happy.” What that really did was send me away… far away from him. That, and the fact that he would say “You’re great” every twenty minutes. I don’t know about you, but I don’t need to hear how great I am two to three times per hour. I look into his eyes, I’m great. I hand him a napkin, I’m great. I light his cigarette, I’m great. I smile at him, I’m great. I fucking fart, I’m great. *EYEROLL*

Subject No. 3 – the “R U Ok?” guy
A friend making fun of the situation.
Have you ever gotten that middle of a work day text from a guy that you couldn’t reply to, and then he sends two other texts as a follow up to his first one? Only to send a fourth one asking “R U Ok?” Well, no. I’m not Ok. Sadly I’m at work. Busy. Swamped actually. I want to murder everybody around me cause I’m in a pissy mood, and quite frankly your constant texting while I’m trying to concentrate in the gazillion files I have to go through while working on that God forsaken spreadsheet… is not helping. How about when he sends you the “R U Ok?” text after you have been unable to reply for about an hour because you are in the middle of doing your errands or while tending a long phone call with your mother. Why wouldn’t I be ok? I’m going about my day and trying to do everything I need to do because I have a date with you tonight. I’ve also gotten the “Are you mad at me?” text from this same guy when I was unable to reply to three of his texts when I was at the movies with a friend of mine. Yes, I did tell “R U Ok?” dude I would be at the movies. Now, why would I be mad when I’m having a good time with my friend?

Clinginess and adoration are sooooooooooooo not necessary in a relationship. Not a new “one” or an “old” one. I am an individual. Strong and independent. Maybe independent to a fault, but I find that being one of my best traits. I am looking for someone to compliment my life, kinda like a cell phone add-on works. I am not looking for someone to complete me since I came out of the womb whole.

I suppose these guys would be an amazing fit for those females that need constant attention and emotional reinforcement. Me? I. AM. OK!

No comments:

Post a Comment